Learn how to crochet tapestry patterns on baskets in this workshop.
Crochet 301: Tapestry Crochet Basket
You’ve made a few crochet projects and are ready to tackle something more challenging. Join us to learn some great techniques that we’ll apply to making a crochet basket, but that you can replicate across a number of projects on your own at home. We’ll also tackle the skills for making a lid! Please note: homework/independent work will be required as we will start, but not complete, the basket in class.
Skills Learned: wainscot stitch, changing color mid row and jogless joining for seamless design.
Prerequisite: confidence in using single crochet stitch, basic understanding of working in the round.
Cost: $130 course fee, includes 5 hours of instruction
- June Weekend: class meets Sunday, June 3rd from 10am-3:30pm, includes a lunch break.
- June PM: class meets Tuesday & Thursday, June 26th and 28th from 7pm to 9pm.
- 4 skein each of 2 coordinating colors of t-shirt yarn
- A hook based on the label recommendation of yarn purchased
- Examples include but are not limited to: Bernat Maker Home Dec, Fashion, or Big; Hoooked Ribbon XL, Wool and the Gang Mixtape, Lion Brand Fettuccini