A beginner quilting class that will teach you all the basics and help you complete your first finished quilt.
The modern quilting movement has hit Atlanta! Join us at Fabricate to learn the basics and make a charming quilt.
Cost: $110 course fee, includes 5 hours of instruction and some supplies.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have similar skills
What you’ll learn: fabric preparation, ironing do’s and don’ts, seam allowance, strip piecing/chain piecing, layering, basting and machine quilting
- January AM 2018: class meets Mondays, January 15th & 22nd from 10am-12:30pm
- January PM 2018: class meets Mondays, January 15th & 22nd from 7-9:30pm
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with QUILTING 101 in the subject line.
- your machine and basic sewing supplies
- (1) charm pack or (42) 5″ squares for the quilt top
- 1/2 yard coordinating fabric for sashing (optional)
- 1/2 yard contrasting fabric for the binding
- 1.5 yards coordinating fabric for the backing
- (1) “crib” sized package of cotton batting
- coordinating thread
- 1/4″ presser foot (optional but recommended)
- walking foot (optional but recommended)