A beginner quilting class that will teach you all the basics and help you complete your first finished quilt.
The modern quilting movement has hit Atlanta! Join us at Fabricate to learn the basics and make a charming quilt.
Cost: $165 course fee, includes 7.5 hours of instruction and some supplies.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have similar skills
What you’ll learn: fabric preparation, ironing do’s and don’ts, seam allowance, strip piecing/chain piecing, layering, basting, machine quilting and binding
- May AM: class meets Mondays, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21 from 10am-12:30pm
- May PM: class meets Mondays, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21 from 7-9:30pm
- July Weekend: class meets Sundays, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29 from 10am-12:30pm
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at email@example.com with QUILTING 101 in the subject line.
- your machine and basic sewing supplies
- 6 Fat Quarters
- 1.5 yards for border & binding
- 3 yards for backing
- “Twin” sized cotton batting
- coordinating thread
- 1/4″ presser foot (optional but recommended)
- walking foot (optional but recommended)