Learn advanced garment making skills while creating a customized one piece swimsuit.
Sewing 402: Swimwear
In this class, students will learn how to cut and sew a standard one piece swimsuit for their size. We will go over different sewing techniques suitable for swimwear fabrics as well as make slight alterations to each pattern to really personalize the final swimsuit!
Cost: $325 course fee, includes 5 hours of instruction, custom paper pattern is yours to keep.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 301 course or have equivalent skills
2018 Spring and Summer dates will be posted in the coming months. If you’re anxious to get started, we do offer private lessons. Just send us an email and we’ll get your sewing swimwear in no time!
- Sewing machine and/or serger (instruction will be provided for both)
- 1 1/2 – 2 yards of Swimwear Fabric/Spandex Blend
- optional: 1/2 yard contrast for trim
- 1 yard tricot swimwear lining
- 1 package 1/4″ wide swimwear elastic
- 1 pair molded foam swimwear cups
- coordinating thread
- Mechanical pencil
- 1 roll of wide kraft paper